Umbrella Insurance in Texas
Is it necessary to carry an umbrella insurance policy? At Heydari Financial Group of Houston, TX we get asked that question often. While the answer depends on the specific situation of each individual client, the answer is often a resounding “yes”. Anyone who has lived in Texas for even a small amount of time recognizes that things here are big. While you may have excellent home and auto policies, an umbrella insurance policy can help add extra protection to your assets and property where these policies may leave off.
How to Determine if An Umbrella Policy is Right for You
There are numerous good reasons to add the peace of mind and protection that comes with an umbrella policy. Some of the common reasons families choose to purchase this coverage include:
- Being the parent or person financially responsible for a teen driver.
- Living in a neighborhood that is affluent or exclusive.
- Working in a high-profile job or earning a very high income.
- Having an in-ground swimming pool on your property.
- Being the owner of waterfront property, a farm, or a ranch.
- Having assets that exceed liability limits.
- Frequently entertaining guests on your property.
Even though these are the more common reasons for purchasing an umbrella policy in Texas, this list certainly does not cover all of them. Any situation that has the potential to exhaust the resources available in a home or auto insurance policy is a good candidate for umbrella insurance.
Our Agents Can Help
If you have questions or are considering the purchase of one of these policies, a knowledgeable agent at Heydari Financial Group of Houston, TX can help. Our highly-trained agents are here to answer your questions. We can help you find the right policy to fit the needs of you and your family. Contact one of our insurance agents today to learn more about how you can protect your assets with an umbrella policy.